The Compass page becomes tailored to geocaching while the user is navigating toward a geocache
During navigation toward a geocache, a note or hint about the cache is readily accessible (if the cache waypoint contains such information in its comment field).
When a geocache is found, the unit will mark the cache found, log an entry into the outdoor calendar, and provide an option that—with one button press—will show the next-closest cache.
- The GPSMAP® 60C and GPSMAP 60CS are new all-purpose units—packed with exciting new features and delivering the kind of color that consumers want in their handheld GPS’s. These lightweight, rugged, waterproof units raise the bar to offer a 256-color, highly reflective display that provides easy viewing in almost any lighting condition. This transreflective TFT technology provides excellent viewing while maximizing your battery life (30 hours, typical use).
Both the GPSMAP 60C and GPSMAP 60CS are packed with extra features, including rapid automatic route calculation, an integrated outdoor calendar, a dedicated geocaching mode, and indoor/outdoor GPS games that turn the outdoors into a giant game board.
GPSMap 60 features:
- Sunlight-readable display with 256-color
- transreflective TFT display (1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally); color operating system with new look-and-feel
- Faster processor, with auto routing, turn-by-turn directions, and audio alerts along city streets or trails when using MapSource® City Select® or 24K
- Topo software (optional software)
56 MB of internal memory for storing map detail
Permanent user data storage
- Each day’s best hunting and fishing times—along with sunrise/sunset times—on the integrated Outdoor Calendar
- Special geocaching navigation mode
- Geolocation games, such as Virtual Maze, Nibbons, Geko™ Smak, and Memory Race
- Fast map transfer, with support for both USB and serial port interfaces; navigation instructions can be shared with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port
- Detailed basemap with general map data, including highways, major roads, river, lakes, and borders
- Dedicated "mark", "page", "enter", "quit", "menu", "find", and "zoom out/in" buttons; four-position rocker pad
- 2.4" x 6.1" x 1.3" (W x H x D) unit dimensions
- Weighs 5.4 ounces (without batteries), 7.5 ounces (with batteries)
- WAAS GPS receiver with accuracy to 10 feet in North America; built-in quad-helix antenna for better satellite reception
- 30 hours of battery life under typical-use conditions (uses two "AA" batteries)
- Multi-platform navigation for easy navigation in a car or boat, or on foot
- Accepts data from MapSource products (City Select for driving, U.S. Topo and 24K
- Topo for hiking, Recreation Lakes for freshwater, and BlueChart® for saltwater applications)
- Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 50 reversible routes, 10,000 track points with TracBack® technology (navigate to any track point on the displayed map), and 1000 waypoints with additional graphical icons for location identification
- Proximity alerts for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint; built-in alarm clock
- User-configurable track-line color, waypoint projection, display color scheme, large-numbers option, audio tones, and pages (turn on/off main pages or change the sequence in which they appear)
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
- (OpenSky GPS only sells GPS systems factory installed with American basemaps. Factory-installed basemaps cannot be altered.)
Americas Recreational Basemap
MapSource® Trip & Waypoint Manager CD
Retail Price: $482.13 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Our Price is too low to advertise, click "Our Price".
Waypoints/icons: 1000 with name and graphic symbol, 10 nearest (automatic), 10 proximity
Routes: 50 reversible routes with up to 250 points each, plus MOB and TracBack® modes
Tracks: 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks, 500 points each, let you retrace your path in both directions
Trip computer: Current speed, average speed, resettable maximum speed, trip timer, and trip distance
Alarm clock: Anchor drag, approach and arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, shallow water, and deep water
Tables: Built-in celestial tables for best times to fish and hunt; sun and moon rise, set, and location
Map datums: More than 100 plus user datums
Position format: Lat/Lon, UTM/UPS, Maidenhead, MGRS, Loran tds, and other grids, including user grid
Receiver: WAAS-enabled, 12-parallel-channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position
Warm: Approximately 15 seconds
Cold: Approximately 45 seconds
AutoLocate™: Approximately 5 minutes
Update rate: 1/second, continuous
Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical*
Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical
Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
Dynamics: 6 g’s
Interfaces: USB, RS232 with NMEA 0183, RTCM 104 DGPS data format and proprietary GARMIN
Antenna: Built-in quadrifilar, with external antenna connection (MCX)
Differential: DGPS, USCG and WAAS capable
Moving map features
Basemap: Built-in routable Americas Recreational or Atlantic Recreational or Pacific Recreational basemap with cities, highways, interstates, exit info, rivers, lakes; preloaded with worldwide cities
Uploadable maps: Accepts up to 56 megabytes of downloaded map detail from a variety of optional MapSource CDs**
Source: Two “AA” batteries (not included)
Battery life: Up to 30 hours (typical use)
Size: 2.4" W x 6.1" H x 1.3" D (61mm x 155mm x 33mm)
Weight: Weighs 5.4 ounces (without batteries), 7.5 ounces (with batteries)
Display: 1.5 x 2.2 inches (38mm x 56mm); (256 transflective) color TFT (160 x 240 pixels)
Case: Waterproof to IPX-7 standards
Temp. range: 5ºF to 158ºF (-15ºC to 70ºC)
Specifications are preliminary and subject to change without notice.
* Subject to accuracy degradation to 100m 2DRMS under the U.S. Department of Defense imposed Selective Availability Program.
** These units are also able to transfer waypoints, routes, and tracks between the PC and GPS using MapSource™.
What does the "MAP" mean on some of our prices?
In order to give you our discount GPS pricing, we must advertise using MAP. MAP stands for "Minimum Advertised Price." Due to agreements with our manufacturers, we are not allowed to advertise our discount GPS prices on many of their products. This is because our discount GPS prices are below their minimum allowed advertise price. This price is called the "MAP" price. In order for us to show you our everyday low discount GPS prices, you will need to add the item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Our Price" button on some of our items. You are in no way obligated to purchase an item when you place it in your shopping cart and it may be removed at any time. We're sure that the discount GPS prices you find at OpenSky will mean your items will never leave the shopping cart.