Americas AutoRoute Basemap
This basemap comes factory installed with the BMW Motorcycles Navigator, StreetPilot III, StreetPilot 2610, StreetPilot 2620, StreetPilot 2650, StreetPilot 2660, GPS V, GPSMAP 196, GPSMAP 276C, GPSMAP 296, GPSMAP 76C, GPSMAP 76CS, and Quest.
Garmin mapping units come with built-in, permanent basemaps that cannot be altered. These basemaps come in a variety of global designations (i.e., Atlantic basemap). Please ensure that you are purchasing a unit with a basemap that's appropriate for your location and needs. (OpenSky GPS always sells basemaps designed for American use. Any other basemap must be requested prior to purchase.) Factory-installed basemaps cannot be altered.
The Americas Routable basemap includes the United States, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, and Central and South America, and covers an area from W180 to W30 Longitude, S60 to N72 Latitude. Also included is a high-level worldwide map with political boundaries and major cities.
Standard map coverage includes:
1. Oceans, rivers, and lakes (greater than 30 sq. miles)
2. Principal cities and a small amount of smaller cities and towns
3. Major interstates and principal highways
4. Political boundaries (state and international borders)
6. Major Airports
A. United States - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
1. Small lakes, major streams, and rivers
2. Principal urban areas (including Alaska and Hawaii)
3. National- and State-level roads
4. Many local roads in or near urban areas
5. More detailed coastline
7. A database of exits for the Federal Interstate highway system. This includes many businesses within about ¼ mile of the exit, including: restaurants, diesel/gas, hotels/lodging, overnight RV parking, dumps, campgrounds, truckstops, medical facilities, shopping and outlet malls, ATMs, and many more attractions.
B. Alaska - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
1. National- and State-level roads, plus some local roads in or near urban areas
2. Lakes greater than 5 square miles
3. Small cities and towns
4. Tide stations
C. Canada - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
1. Lakes greater than 5 square miles (Southern Canada)
2. Lakes greater than 10 square miles (Central Canada)
D. Mexico, Central and South America
Standard Map Coverage
What does the "MAP" mean on some of our prices?
In order to give you our discount GPS pricing, we must advertise using MAP. MAP stands for "Minimum Advertised Price." Due to agreements with our manufacturers, we are not allowed to advertise our discount GPS prices on many of their products. This is because our discount GPS prices are below their minimum allowed advertise price. This price is called the "MAP" price. In order for us to show you our everyday low discount GPS prices, you will need to add the item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Our Price" button on some of our items. You are in no way obligated to purchase an item when you place it in your shopping cart and it may be removed at any time. We're sure that the discount GPS prices you find at OpenSky will mean your items will never leave the shopping cart.